Master of Business Administration in Global Executive Management (MBA)
Universität: Central European University
Country of accreditation: United States, Austria
Program accreditation/registration: Program approved and registered by the New York State Education Department, Program accredited by the Agency for Quality Assurance and Accreditation Austria (AQ-Austria)
Austrian degree ECTS credits: 100
Start of the program: April 2020
Please note that from September 2020, this program’s teaching for incoming and continuing students will take place at our Vienna campus.
Master of Business Administration in Global Executive Management, or CEU Executive MBA distinguishes itself as the EMBA for the Open World – a rigorous, research-based mid-career managerial degree program that confidently integrates progressive Open-Society values into its curriculum, in view of their pivotal importance as success factors for entrepreneurs, managers and leaders in the post-industrial economy.
CEU Executive MBA is the program tailor-made for accomplished working managers willing to elevate their professional profile from operational expertise to strategic leadership. The program’s innovative structure allows participants to earn a US-accredited MBA degree in just ten convenient 4-to-9-day residencies, scheduled over 28 months.
The Program advances CEU’s intellectual and institutional objectives by:
- Providing a new, promising avenue of promoting Open Society values in the business community, countering setbacks that these values have suffered in the political realm;
- Establishing a unique meeting platform of mid-career professionals from Europe and beyond;
- Leveraging professional expertise and a network of Executive MBA participants to enhance the career prospects of all CEU students;
- Supporting high-quality management research by providing CEU faculty with access to organizations, empirical data, and managerial practice.
On successful completion of the CEU Executive MBA program, participants will be able to:
- Develop a broad, strategic view of business competitiveness in view of evolving economic, social, political, environmental and technological trends.
- Articulate and execute strategic courses of action that respond to complex business and broader societal demands.
- Lead, develop and manage people, teams and units beyond functional/unit level specialization and know how to mobilize the strategic, tactical and operational resources of their organization to create sustainable value for multiple stakeholders.
- Leverage state-of-the-art techniques for making decisions in complex business contexts (including a detailed understanding of sources and uses of data and management tools in decision making at all levels of activity).
- Develop critical self-understanding, leadership and interpersonal improvement in an international multicultural context and to act with integrity.