Master of Arts in Philosophy (MA) 2 years
Universität: Central European University Private University
- Abschluss: Master of Arts
- ECTS: 120
Entry Requirements for the Master’s Programs
Candidates will normally be expected to have some background in philosophy. In addition to meeting the General CEU Admissions Requirements, applicants will also be required to submit a statement of purpose (1-2 single-spaced pages) as well as a sample of academic writing—part of a course essay or a chapter of a thesis—in English, to further assess their language abilities and argumentation skills. See the general CEU admission requirements.
Additional department-specific requiriments:
- A statement of purpose (1-2 single spaced pages). The statement should indicate the applicant’s main interests in philosophy, the topics they would particularly like to study while pursuing a degree at CEU, and their general purpose in acquiring a philosophy degree
- A 1500-2000 words long sample of academic writing. This can be (part of) a course essay, or a chapter of a thesis that the applicant produced while studying for their first degree, and it should be in English. Applicants who do not have a recent sample of academic writing may submit an essay (on a philosophical topic) which is similarly suitable for assessing their language abilities and argumentation skills.
- Semester: 4
- Sprache: Englisch
- Standort: A-1010 Vienna, Campus Quellenstraße 51-55
- Typ: Masterstudium
- Beschreibung auf der Universitäts-Website