Applicants should have an MA or equivalent in a social science discipline. Background in sociology and/or anthropology is a definite advantage. In addition to meeting the General CEU Admissions Requirements applicants must submit:
- three letters of recommendation from professors who are familiar with their work
- a three page research proposal (1.5 spaced) that proposal should address the main research questions, sources and methodology and place the topic in the context of previous research in the field.
- a short bibliography (one page) on the topic
- writing sample in English
- statement of purpose (maximum 500 words)