Doctor of Philosophy in Comparative History
Universität: Central European University Private University
- Abschluss: PhD
- ECTS: 240
The department especially welcomes students with PhD dissertation research that contributes to:
- the integration of the study of different layers of historical processes (social, cultural, economic, political)
- the integration of history and theory (conscious reflection of the basic approaches of research)
- comparative approaches in historiography (Central, Southeastern and Eastern Europe being neither „different“ and „incomparable,“ nor a „belated copy“ of developments elsewhere)
Entry Requirements:In addition to meeting the general CEU admissions requirements, applicants should submit letters of recommendation from three professors familiar with their post-graduate work and a three-page research proposal ( see sample proposal 1 and sample proposal 2 ).
The topic of the proposal should fall within the broad thematic focus of the program as described above, and should address issues of method and substance, as well as previous work done in the field, in appropriate detail. Applications are welcome from candidates with a Master’s degree that includes a Master’s thesis.
Applicants interested in Nationalism Studies or Jewish Studies at the doctoral level can apply for a Ph.D. in History and should follow the general admissions requirements for the History doctoral program; a joint committee reviews applications. The degree received will be a Ph.D. in History.
- Semester: 8
- Sprache: Englisch
- Standort: A-1010 Vienna, Campus Quellenstraße 51-55
- Typ: PhD: PhD
- Beschreibung auf der Universitäts-Website